A few things I never want to forget:
...the way Anastasia looks up at me while she's nursing and suddenly smiles and then starts "talking" to me like she's telling me all about her day...
...the way she sounds exactly like a dolphin when she "talks," with squeaks and whistles that no adult human could imitate...
...the way she sometimes imitates sounds I make, like "I-ah-oo" (I love you) or "ok"...
...the way she says things that sound just like words, most commonly "ungee!" (but it doesn't really mean hungry; we checked)
...the way Matt plays the "animal sounds" game with her: "What does a cow say? Moo! What does a horse say? Neigh! What does a dog say? Ruff, ruff! What does an Anastasia say? Ungee!!!!"
...the way once when she wanted to nurse and I was getting ready for bed, and she was rooting and wiggling and looking for me, and Matt curled up next to her with his face right next to her face to comfort her...and she kept rooting around until she suddenly took a big gulp and latched on--to his nose! I came to bed to find him shaking with silent laughter, trying not to move, as she sucked and gnawed away on the most protuberant part of his face.
...the way Matt takes her out of my arms as soon as he gets home from work, looks her in the eyes, and tells her that he thought about her all day...
...the way Anastasia nuzzles into my neck when I hold her up against my shoulder and wraps her arm around my neck like she's determined to hold herself there...
...the feeling of her damp, slightly sticky, tiny little fingers gripping mine...
...the way she smiles and giggles when I touch her nose and say "boop!"
...the way total strangers gather around me everywhere I go to admire her and rave about how adorable she is...
...the way her eyes are a different color every day...
...the way she fusses and cries when she's tired, and when I take her into the bedroom and lie her down on the bed, she suddenly quiets and gets still and content and looks up at me thankfully with her big, dark eyes...
...the way she cries when she's really mad, with her arms flung up by her face and her little features all scrunched up and her skin red, and even though it makes me sad it makes me want to laugh at the same time, because it reminds me of the moment she was born and how she cried then, and how happy I was...
...the way I love her more every time I see her, and I never knew it was possible to love anyone so much.
6.20.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment