6.26.2008

my baby is a genius

Anastasia went to the pediatrician on Monday (June 23) for her four-month well baby visit. She weight 13.3 pounds (which is the 43 percentile) and was 25.98 inches long (96 percentile!). Not that it means anything at this stage, but isn't that just gorgeous? She definitely has model potential!

Good thing I'm not one of those moms...at least, I don't think I am...

Of course her development is well ahead of average. When she put her on her stomach to see how she held her head up, the pediatrician said she "looks just like the baby in the picture"--completely ideal. But I don't think Dr. Sells believed me that Anastasia can already roll over from her back to her stomach. "That's a six-month milestone," she said, with an incredulous twist of her lips. "Is she doing it consistently? Is it really on purpose?"

Okay, it's true that Anastasia hasn't done it consistently all the time. When she first learned to do it, she did it every time I put her down for about a week. Then she stopped for a while. Then she did it again a few times, and lately she's stopped again. I think she just prefers to be on her back right now. She has turned over from her stomach to her back once or twice, but that was definitely not intentional, and she hasn't realized that she can do it on purpose yet. But fortunately, I did manage a few weeks ago to catch her rolling to her stomach on tape:



Just tell me that isn't intentional!

No comments: