I just noticed something funny about Anastasia's toys. One of the first toys she was given was a stuffed animal that my grandmother sent her. My grandmother picked it out because she thought it was a pony, and it made her think of my childhood obsession with horses. I thought the same thing when I first saw it, and was delighted by the connection, but on closer examination we discovered that the animal is not a pony, but a giraffe. It's a pony-giraffe.
Later, a friend of mine sent a rattle that's also an animal. It's a yellow bird, and at first glance we thought it was a duck. However, further examination revealed that animal to actually be a chicken, resulting in its christening as "Chuck Chuck the Chicken-Duck."
But poor Anastasia is going to have a hard time learning to identify animals if all of her toys are so easily mistaken for something else! What's next, I wonder? A liger, perhaps?
6.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment