Last night Anastasia slept two three-hour stretches and only woke up once (at 2:20) between 11:00 pm and 5:45 am. I feel SO good this morning! Two long stretches of sleep...
I have a feeling her schedule might start to change soon, so I should remember what it's been while she was a newborn. Usually she goes to bed at 8:00 and wakes every two hours to eat, at 10, 12, 2, 4, and 6. At 6 or 6:30 she would want to be awake for a while and play, but I'm always far too tired, so either I lie there and watch her coo and giggle, wishing I had the energy to play with her, or I wake Matt up and let him bond with her. At 8 she nurses back to sleep until 10. Then she's awake for about an hour and nurses back to sleep around 11:30. She takes a longer nap then, till around 2 or 2:30. She wakes up to eat; then she plays until 3:30 or 4, when she gets fussy and tired. Usually I lie down with her to nap until Matt gets home around 6. Then he plays with her until I put her to bed.
She pees every twenty minutes when she's awake in the morning but only every hour in the afternoon, and right when she wakes up.
And now that we've only just gotten comfortable with that schedule, it looks like things will be changing. The past couple of days she's been staying awake longer and waking up sooner, and I think she might be spreading out her eating a little bit too during the day. And her bathroom patterns are definitely changing, although I haven't figured out the new patterns yet, and I'm keeping her completely diaper-free during the day until I do.
Maybe she's about to hit a developmental milestone; I've heard these kind of changes can be a prelude for that.
5.20.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment