- smiling a lot! -- especially for Daddy
- laughing
- rolling from her back to her side when she's next to me on the bed (I think the soft surface helps. She can also wiggle up next to me to get her mouth on my boob.)
- cooing and babbling (I love this!)
- sort of putting herself on a schedule (awake for about an hour, then eat and sleep, except at night, when she wakes every two hours but only to eat)
- peeing and pooping in the toilet more than half the time. This is as much my accomplishment as hers, I guess. But still.
- holding her head up and turning it to the side while on her tummy
- holding her head up with only a little wobbling when she's sitting up
- looking people in the eyes and imitating facial expressions
- responding to voices and studying people's faces
- "walking" with much of her weight on her legs as you hold her arms or body
- "jumping" off your lap: she crouches down and pushes off, and we fly her into the air
- staring at patterns and lights with great fascination
- "beat boxing" with daddy (she waves her arms or stomps her feet in rhythm, although it's probably just coincidence)
- nursing round the clock!
And her newest accomplishment today: turning her body around while on her tummy! I put her on a blanket on the floor today as usual so she could practice movements that lead toward crawling. This is something that she wants to do pretty much every day. Usually she just holds her head up and wiggles her arms and legs. It's clear that she wants to crawl, but of course she can't do that yet. However, today as she was wiggling her feet and knees against the floor, she somehow managed to pivot her body around! Her head stayed in basically the same face as the rest of her body pivoted around it. I have no idea how she accomplished this. But I am impressed! Mary and Pamela Showalter were there to see it as well. She went a full 180 degrees before she got frustrated and wanted to be picked up.
She may not be interested in toys yet, but she does love to play...
No comments:
Post a Comment